My First Poly Art

Poly Art

 

­Hi everyone! I am Harshita Pandey, a Graphic Designer, Artist, Crafts-person and a start-up blogger. I am starting my blogging journey today and this is my first blog and it's on a Geometrical Art Form known as Poly Art.

Introduction to Poly Art:
Let me start by giving you a brief information on poly art. Poly art is a bunch of identical colored triangles or rectangles (any polygon) combined to create intricate geometric shapes.

Types of Poly Arts:
There are two types of poly art: Low poly and High poly.

Low poly is a polygon mesh in 3D computer graphics that have relatively small number of polygons whereas High poly is a high numbers of polygons. Low poly occurs in real time applications whereas high poly meshes use animated movies and special effect of same area. These concepts work similarly in 2D too.

This my first art work in Adobe Illustrator, it is a vector software. (define vector software, geometrical shapes, scalar quantities).

Initially I wasn't too keen on practicing Poly Art. Then an interesting incident happened which made me fall in love with this art form. So, I am starting this by sharing my experience on “How I started my Poly Art”.

When my graphic designing classes started in one of my class, my teacher discussed about “Poly Art”. We got the assignment to work on a Poly Art Design, than I started searching images on Google related to poly art suddenly I saw this painting made by OSTENBROEK which I really liked and saved it as my background image.

(original pic)

Meanwhile I was interrupted by one of my friend, Rahul Kumar, and he borrowed my laptop for making manipulation and he started opening another folder (as you know, concepts like privacy doesn't exist for friends :P ) to search some related images then he saw the image of the painting that I saved.

And that's when the HELL broke off... he, (@#%##@##), then challenged me whether I can do high poly on this image or not? I told him that it might be tough for me but I will try my best. Then he again asked me whether I can do the task within two days or not and if I will be able to do so than he will reward me with a chocolate. He then ended his sentence by saying “If you can’t complete this task than you can never succeed in your life”. 

And that's where he crossed the line. Now, the devil was waiting for him on the other side. Silently, waiting and watching that crap, roaming here and there, every-hour... every-minute........ He sealed his doomsday, himself....... i.e., 2 days from now.

At that time I was just a beginner in this field and have recently joined Arena Animation Institute. I was also not so familiar about the process of creating Poly Art. In spite of this, as a fighter i'm, I accepted the challenge. But I was asked myself that how am I going to complete it? Because it’s very difficult for me to make an image in high Poly. 

Without wasting any time, I started working on my task and gave my whole time to create this Poly Art. I also started to learn 'How to make triangles' and fill colors in them.



On the next day, another friend of mine, Nikhil Medar, saw my work and said why are you making this poly art using normal method? It’s very difficult to complete this Poly Art by this way.

He then suggested me an easy way to make the poly art through pen tool and create triangles by selecting individual triangles with the help of selection tool and fill the colors on it. I found this method very easy and used the same tool to complete my whole poly art. I faced a lot of problems while doing this task. Every time when I was free from my schedule (after class, during travel, while waiting for session, even while waiting for food in my hostel mess {restaurant}) I used to work on this project.

After the class, I used to indulge myself in this project. I even didn’t hangout with my friends as all I wanted was to win this challenge. I told my teacher the whole story in response he used to motivate me with his inspiring words. I was on the cloud nine when he told me that I have done the great job by accepting this challenge.

                                      
Within 2 days I completed my challenge and his FATE... his DESTINY was sealed away.

After completing my challenge, Rahul was the first person to see it. He reacted with a big smile on his face and thanked me and said “You have done a great job by completing your challenge but now forget about the chocolate and show it sir so he can upload it in Arena Animation's Facebook page.”

It came as a big shock to me because I wasn't expecting this. I knew, I wouldn't be getting any chocolate. But, my work for Arena Animation's Facebook Page, it was amazing and his smile was real one.... a genuine one..... he did on purpose, he knew I was losing my interest in Poly Art. That challenge was just to keep me on track.... a real... a true (Nalayak, Chichora) friend... who kept me on my path to success.

Arena Animation's Facebook page is the page where student projects get uploaded ONLY if it's an outstanding work.

I showed it to my sir and he was amazed by my work. I was happy as I completed the most challenging task which was not easy task to do. That day my confidence was sky high. I than finally saw my project uploaded in Arena Website. One of the most defining moment in my life.
                             
The whole experience has taught me that no matter how impossible the things seems we should never give up. We need to work hard and accept all those challenges which are in front of us, enjoy the process and give all our best to complete it. I am also very thankful to my friend Rahul who provoke me in a good way by which I discovered my potential that I would never have known. Nevertheless thanks to the amazing and motivating words of my teacher which helped to move forward even when I was surrounded by my own doubts. To all my readers I want to end my blog by stating a famous quote by Martin Luther -“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convince, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” This is what I believe and this is what I Learned!!


So that's all for now, time to sign out.
Thank you for taking your precious time to read this blog.
Stay tuned with
for more passionate Art Works from me
Follow me on:
and please do visit:
&
for more cool Artworks from me and my team
Have a great day ahead.


Comments

  1. Wow.. it's truly amazing to hear your story..And specially your art..
    Such an amazing artist you are..A true inspiration.... Can't wait to see more posts from you... !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very cool post and art work,.. loved the way you accepted the challenge and yeah you do completed it GOOD JOB, so that's all for now see you on your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment